Find Local Siding Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Siding Articles
Liquid Siding Prices
Liquid vinyl siding, sometimes known simply as liquid siding, is a thick coating of wax-like material that is sprayed directly on to a building surface. A combination of resins and polymers, liquid siding is extremely durable, often lasting 30 years or longer, and has a substantially lower installation cost than any other type of siding. Continue reading to learn more about vinyl spray on siding and how much it costs.
Liquid Siding: How it Works
While it's always a good idea to check a company's references and only hire those who guarantee their work, you can generally expect a qualified contractor to install liquid vinyl siding in the following manner:
- Cleaning: A liquid solution to kill mold and mildew is applied and afterwards the home is pressure washed, removing the dead organisms along with other surface debris and contaminants.
- Prepare Exterior for Painting: This involves a number of procedures, including removing and replacing rotten or damaged wood, scraping rough surfaces, filling gaps and cracks, priming bare wood, and sanding.
- Application of Undercoating: Once the home has been masked, taped, and covered to protect windows, doors, hardware, decking, and other areas from overspray, a base coat that ensures a properly-bonded finish coat is applied.
- Final Coat: After the base coat dries and is inspected for uniform adherence, the final coat of liquid siding is applied.
The Benefits of Vinyl Liquid Siding
Liquid siding is a great alternative to paint and other siding materials for reasons that include the following:
- Maintenance Free: Spray on siding can last 30 years or longer, during which time you'll never have to repaint your home. Instead of scraping and painting your home every few years, keep it looking like new with a simple spray of the garden hose.
- Works on any Surface: Whether your home is currently clad in wood, vinyl, metal, brick, or concrete, it can be newly covered with a layer of liquid vinyl paint.
- Beauty: The look of your home will not be significantly altered by liquid vinyl paint. In fact, with an enormous color palette to choose from-far more extensive than what metal and vinyl siding can offer-liquid vinyl can enhance a home's curb appeal.
- Value: In addition to saving you money in repainting and maintenance costs, liquid siding is an excellent insulator that can help to lower your energy bills. And because contractors don't have to measure, cut, or remove the existing siding, installation costs are significantly lower than with other types of siding. In most cases, liquid vinyl costs the same or less than traditional vinyl siding.
Vinyl Liquid Siding Average Costs
Please note that the actual cost of liquid siding can vary depending on local labor and material prices, the difficulty of the installation, and other factors.
- Liquid vinyl siding costs approximately $3 to $6 per square foot installed. For a typical home with 1,500 exterior square feet, that's a total cost of $4,500 to $9,000. Bear in mind, however, that extensive prep work could raise the total price to as much as $10,000 to $20,000 or more.