Find Local Siding Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Siding Articles
Aluminum Siding Prices
Aluminum siding is one of the most tried and true home siding options on the market. Since the end of World War II it has provided American homeowners with a durable, low-maintenance, cost-effective, and good-looking material in which to clad their home. To learn more about aluminum siding and how much it costs to install, continue reading this buying guide.
Reasons to Install Aluminum Siding
Installing aluminum siding on your home is a good decision for the following reasons:
- Protection: When it comes to protecting your home from Mother Nature, aluminum siding is the pound for pound champion. Though lightweight, aluminum is waterproof, rustproof, fireproof, and won't attract pets, mold, or mildew.
- Low-Maintenance: Enjoy the superior home protection of aluminum siding without having to bother with extensive maintenance. Aluminum does dent and scratch somewhat easily. If blemishes aren't dealt with, they can lead to bigger problems. In general, however, with a coat of paint every ten or twenty years, aluminum siding requires fresh paint much less often than wood, your siding should easily last forty years or longer.
- Aesthetics: Choose from aluminum house siding made in vertical or horizontal panels that have either a flat or shaped coating. Textured aluminum, to a greater extent than vinyl, can be made to resemble traditional materials such as wood. And looking on the bright side, although aluminum does need occasional painting, the fact that it takes paint well (vinyl is much more difficult to paint) means you can easily change aluminum siding colors anytime you want.
- Savings: Compared to vinyl, steel, and wood siding, aluminum is extremely cost-effective, in part because of its ease of installation. And due to aluminum's durability, you won't be spending much on maintenance over the years. Finally, when paired with a quality insulated backing, aluminum siding can improve your home's energy efficiency.
Aluminum Siding Average Costs
The actual cost of aluminum siding depends on a number of factors, including local costs, the quality of the materials, and the difficulty of the installation. As a result, the following prices should only be considered general estimates.
- You can expect to pay $3 to $6 per square foot installed for aluminum siding. For a typical home with 1,500 exterior feet, this works out to a total cost of $4,500 to $9,000.
- Another option, aluminum siding with a vinyl finish (which eliminates some of the denting, scratching, and painting associated with aluminum) might cost $1 to $3 more than traditional vinyl siding (approximately $4 to $9 per square foot, or $6,000 to $13,500 for a 1,500 exterior foot home).
- Removing existing siding can add $1 to $3 per square foot to the project cost.