Find Local Home Staging Experts and Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Real Estate Articles
Home Staging Prices
If you painstakingly prepared your home for sale but are still having trouble finding a buyer, consider hiring a home stager. While cleaning, eliminating clutter, making minor repairs, and repainting can certainly make a house more desirable, professional house stagers can make other changes that will make your home stand out and command top dollar. Continue reading this buying guide to learn about the benefits of staging a home for sale and how much home staging costs.
Reasons to Hire a Home Stager
Staging your home has so many benefits that you almost can't afford not to do it. Reasons to hire a professional home stager include:
- Objectivity: You may be sentimentally attached to certain paintings, photos, or other features of your home, but they could be affecting potential buyers' perceptions of the property. A stager can objectively assess and make changes in and around your house, everything from planting flowers to changing bedding to rearranging items, that will transform it into one that people can see themselves living in.
- Faster Sale: Staged homes stay on the market for approximately half the time that non-staged homes do.
- Higher sale price: Staging a home increases its sale price by as much as 20 percent compared to a non-staged home.
- Excellent return on investment: When you consider how much more a staged home sells for than a non-staged home, the cost of home staging is negligible. In fact, a 2009 Home Gain study showed that home staging provides more than a 500 percent return on investment.
- Eliminate stress: The longer your house remains on the market, the more its price drops and the greater your frustrated becomes. Home stagers ensure that your house sells faster and for more money, allowing you to focus on moving to a new property rather than worrying about your current one.
Home Staging Average Costs
The cost to stage a home varies depending on your location, local demand for house stagers, and the amount of work needed. For the best possible results, be sure to hire an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP).
- A do-it-yourselfer who merely wants a consultation or home staging plan can expect to pay approximately $400 to $600.
- If you opt to have a professional complete all of the work, the cost of staging a home could be anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000 or more, though the average price is closer to $2,000 to $4,000.
- On an hourly basis, the cost to stage a house is roughly $100 to $200 per hour.
- A vacant home typically costs less to stage than one that is occupied, but you'll have to rent furniture for an empty house. Furniture rental could cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per month depending on the quantity and quality of the furnishings.