Find Landscaping Experts and Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations and No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Landscaping Articles
- The cost of home landscaping depends almost entirely on the kind of work that is to be done, and that varies greatly from homeowner to homeowner.
- Before having and landscape work done, consult with a professional in the field of landscape design. They will offer landscaping ideas and help you work out a plan to suit individual needs, budgets and landscapes. The average price to have a design plan drawn up is $500-$1000, though a highly related designer could charge $5000 to $15,000.
- Some nurseries and suppliers might offer a free evaluation if you agree to use them to carry out the final project.
- A basic job, such as having somebody create naturalistic garden landscaping, costs around $12 per square foot. On a 50x50 foot yard, this would work out to a little more than $25,000.
- A more formal garden, featuring water, walls or fence, costs between $15-$25 per square foot, or $40,000 to $50,000 for a 50x50 foot yard.
- An average sized tree costs $125-$250. A large tree costs $250 to $500 or more.
- Mulch averages $60-$80 per cubic yard or more.
- Adding a concrete walkway or natural stone costs $5 to $35 per square foot or more, depending on the material.
- A pergola, a kind of standing structure for plants which provides a recreational area below, costs $8,000-$12,000.
- A pond costs approximately $7,500.
- Fencing can cost $10-$30 per linear foot.
Shopping For Landscaping Services?
- Landscaping design software is available from a number of companies. Highly rated programs include Realtime Landscaping Plus ($80) and Better Homes & Gardens Landscaping and Deck Designer (~$70).
- Check your local listings for landscapers or ask a neighbor, friend or family member who has recently had landscaping services done. Seek several estimates and if you can, make sure they include a breakdown of materials and labor separately. Also ask to see a portfolio and for references from past customers.
- The Association of Professional Landscape Designers offers additional resources, including member service providers.