Find Local HVAC Experts & Get Free Central Humidifier Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Need a Loan for a Project or Purchase?
View and compare competitive, personalized loan offers of up to $100,000 from multiple lenders for free.Compare Loans >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All HVAC Articles
Central Air Humidifier Prices
While excessive humidity is bad, air that is too dry can also have negative effects on your body and home. In dry conditions your family can develop irritated noses, throats, respiratory ailments, chapped lips and dry skin. It can also cause paint to chip, peeling wallpaper, damaged furniture and excessive static electricity. Too much water vapor can cause mold and mildew to grow. For these reasons it is important to keep the balance of water vapor in the home at optimal levels. A central humidifier can help by measuring the moisture in the air and delivering more when needed.
Central Air Humidifier Costs
- You can pick up a room humidifier (also called a tabletop unit) for approximately $25 to $75. These units typically discharge two to four gallons of water in a 24 hour period.
- Another option is a console air humidifier which costs around $75 to $175. A small console unit can put out eight gallons of water in a 24 hour period. They are appropriate for areas up to 2,000 square feet. Larger console humidifiers are capable of outputting 14 gallons in 24 hours over an area as large as 3,250 square feet.
- Central humidifiers are hooked up directly to your home’s heating and cooling unit as well as its plumbing system. There are three major kinds of central humidifiers: drum humidifier systems, flow-through humidifier systems and spray mist systems.
- A drum system uses a belt to move moisture into a home’s air. It is the least expensive and retails for $75 to $275.
- A flow through humidifier uses a foam or aluminum pad to transfer moisture into the air and costs around $100 to $300.
- Spray mist systems emit a mist into your ductwork when your home heating system turns on. A spray mist humidifier costs approximately $150.
- A steam house humidifier is able to provide moisture to your home independent of its HVAC system. However, these units are more expensive at $300 to $1,200. They are more commonly used commercially.
- Installation of a central furnace humidifier usually costs between $100 and $300.
- To keep humidity at optimal levels invest in a humidity meter. You can get a basic unit for $15 to $30 or a more elaborate model for $75 to $200 from local retail stores.
- A whole house humidifier should be serviced at least once a year. Ideally, do this at the end of the heating system cycle in the spring. This should cost $100 to $150.
Looking To Buy A Central Air Humidifier?
- For an overview of central humidifiers, including do-it-yourself installation, have a look at CornerHardware.com.