Find Local Garage Organizer Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Garage Articles
Garage Organizer System Prices
For many households, the garage is a place for storing not only vehicles, but tools, sports equipment, and other gear. Eventually, however, garage clutter reaches a breaking point that makes it necessary to consider installing a garage organization system. Though garage organizing can seem like a daunting task, there are many systems available that can help you put everything in its right place. Continue reading to learn more about garage organization systems and how much it costs to install one.
Types of Garage Organization Systems
While a garage organizing system can be anything that helps you keep items in some kind of working order, there are three basic types of systems that you'll want to consider for your garage.
- Cabinets: Garage cabinets are an excellent storage option. Although, they tend to be the most expensive organization system. Garage cabinets keep items tucked neatly out of sight. They also help to protect them from moisture, pests, and other harm. Mix and match different sized cabinets to get a system that can store gear of all sizes. Choose steel garage cabinets for ultimate protection or plastic garage cabinets for a cost-effective storage solution.
- Shelving: Garage shelves are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to hold all of your gardening tools, DIY equipment, and other supplies. Garage shelves have some advantages over cabinets, including the ability to more easily see where items are, simpler installation, and lower costs. With shelving, however, you need to be more vigilant about keeping things organized so they don't fall down and damage your car or once again end up in unorganized piles.
- Overhead: Overhead garage storage is an excellent organization system, as it completely clears up floor space and keeps gear out of sight. Overhead garage storage systems are an ideal place to keep items such as camping equipment and Christmas decorations that only get taken out occasionally. While some have rope and pulley or electric leverage systems for easy access, overhead systems aren't necessarily the best place for storing commonly used items.
Garage Organizer Average Costs
The cost of a garage organizer depends upon the type and size of the system purchased and individual rates charged by organizer installers.
Plastic, fiberboard, or resin garage cabinets might cost:
- $100 to $150 apiece for a small base unit
- $100 to $200 apiece for a 2-door unit
- $150 to $250 each for a tall storage cabinet
- $3,000 to $4,000 for a 12-piece system
Metal garage cabinets cost approximately:
- $100 to $300 apiece for a 2 door wall cabinet
- $200 to $400 for a tall storage cabinet
- $400 to $600 for a cabinet with drawers
- $4,000 to $5,000 for a 12-piece system
Garage shelving costs around:
- $25 to $50 for a single shelf
- $50 to $200 for a standup multi-shelf unit
- $100 to $300 for a hanging multi-shelf unit
- $300 to $600 for a hanging grid unit
- An overhead garage storage system costs roughly $100 to $300 per storage rack. A 220 lb. electric lift for overhead garage storage might cost $150 to $250.
- Small garage organizers such as baskets and pegs can cost anywhere from $5 to $50 and up.
- Professional installation of a garage organizer system might cost an additional 25% to 35%.
- You could hire a contractor to build a custom garage organization system. Depending on your needs, this could cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.