Find Local Laminate Hardwood Flooring Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Flooring Articles
Pergo Flooring Prices
Pergo was the first company to offer laminate flooring and today, its laminate products are among the best quality and best-selling in the world. Pergo floors look like hardwood but are engineered to perform better and cost less than the real thing.
What is Pergo Flooring?
Pergo flooring, like other laminates, is made from several layers of heat and pressure bonded materials. The core consists of melamine resin and fiber board, over which a decorative layer (the part that you see) is placed. The outermost layer—a clear protective coat—is what makes Pergo so easy to maintain. While hardwoods require regular applications of sealer and wax for protection, Pergo needs virtually zero maintenance aside from occasional sweeping and mopping.
Benefits of Pergo Flooring
- Pergo is available in a wide variety of styles and colors. Every wood color and grain pattern imaginable, and even stone tile, can be accurately mimicked by Pergo flooring.
- Compared to real wood, Pergo is much easier to install. It is designed to be laid down as a “floating floor,” which means that no gluing or nailing is required. Individual sections of Pergo, which fit together with tongue and groove joints, are simply placed atop the subfloor. Because the pieces aren’t attached to a substrate, labor requirements are drastically reduced.
- Pergo is designed for high traffic residential areas. Resistant to scratches, stains, and impacts, it’s a great choice for families and/or pet owners.
- Pergo is available in thicknesses ranging from 8mm (roughly 5/16”) to 12mm (roughly ½”). When choosing a thickness, bear in mind that thicker materials are stronger and better at absorbing sounds.
- An optional underlayment is available for laminate wood flooring. The underlayment improves the insulation quality of the floor and further reduces noise transference.
Pergo Flooring Costs
Pergo prides itself on making high-end laminate wood flooring. As a result, it tends to be a bit more expensive than other laminates (although, like any product, you get what you pay for with flooring materials).
- Pergo flooring costs $2 to $4 per square foot. For an average 10 x 12 (120 square foot) room, that works out to a materials cost of $240 to $480. 8mm Pergo is closer to $2 per square foot; 12mm is on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Underlayment prices vary widely. Some cost as little as $.10 per square foot while others run as high as $1 per square foot. The material is typically only available as a large roll, so expect to pay between $15 and $100 for a roll that will cover 120 square feet.
- Professional installation of Pergo flooring should cost $2 to $4 per square foot.