Find Local Carpet Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Carpet Articles
Shaw Carpet Installation & Replacement Prices
New carpeting changes the look and feel of your home. It provides an instant makeover for outdated spaces. It brings a comfortable, cozy feeling to your rooms. And it can be used to make a design statement.
Shaw is the largest carpet manufacturer in the world, with $4 billion in annual sales and 25,000 employees. The company offers thousands of options in carpet designs and materials, and it is well regarded for quality and durability.
Shaw Carpet Average Costs
Shaw Carpet is sold either by the square foot or square yard, depending on the carpet dealer and type of carpet you select:
- By the square foot, prices range from $3.50 to $7.
- By the square yard, prices range from $9 to $22.50.
The more expensive the carpet, the thicker and more durable it will be. Premium carpet with specialized designs, extended life, and stain resistant coating fall on the high end of those price ranges.
Keep in mind, however, that the carpet itself is far from the only cost you'll incur. You need to budget for carpet padding, installation and removal of the old carpeting. Read on to find out what you can expect to pay for those services.
Shaw Carpet Installation
Be wary of any dealer that offers "free installation." Carpet installation requires time, money and skilled labor. Any dealer that is offering free installation is likely jacking up the cost of something else.
Most contractors charge anywhere from $3 to $6 per yard for carpet installation. Geography has a lot to do with whether installation falls on the high or low end of that price range. Installation costs tend to be much higher in major metropolitan areas and along the east and west coasts.
Other charges you can expect include:
- New padding: $.50 to $1 per square yard
- Old carpet removal and haul way: $.50 to $3 per square yard
- Furniture moving fees: $1 to $2 per square yard or around $25-$50 per hour
- Tack strips for new construction: $.25 to $1 per foot
- Installation on stairs: $4 to $6 per square yard
- Berber installation: Add $1 to $2 per square yard
Shaw Carpet Buyer's Tips
When it comes to shopping for new Shaw carpet, here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- Don't skimp on padding. Quality padding that is properly installed will greatly extend the life of your carpeting.
- Ask for a quote upfront that includes ALL costs - installation, padding and carpet removal. And ask for it in writing.
- Budget extra for regular cleaning. Your carpet will last longer if you take care of it. And the longer stains set in, the harder they will be to remove.
- Shop multiple dealers before selecting one. Compare prices to make sure you're getting the best value.