Find Local Vinyl Fence Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 888-538-3701.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Fencing Articles
Vinyl Fence Prices
In terms of durability, ease of ownership, and overall value, vinyl fencing is in a class of its own. Since they appeared on the market more than 25 years ago, vinyl fences have exploded in popularity. This buying guide explains why so many customers choose vinyl for their fencing project and how much you can expect to pay for vinyl fence installation.
Reasons to Install Vinyl Fencing
Vinyl fencing, made from PVC, is formed through a high heat, high pressure process which results in a strong and rigid final product. Fencing composed of vinyl is so durable that many manufacturers offer at least a 25-year warranty on their products, while some even provide a lifetime warranty. Other reasons to buy vinyl fencing include:
- Maintenance free: Vinyl fence is resistant to UV rays and won’t fade or turn yellow over the years, so it never needs to be painted. Vinyl’s flexibility allows it to hold up well under extreme winds and it also won’t rot, decompose, or become infested by insects. The only maintenance you’ll ever need to perform to keep a vinyl fence looking like new is occasionally spraying it down with a garden hose.
- Selection: Vinyl fences are commonly designed to resemble white picket fences, but they’re available in a number of colors (including tan, beige, gray, and almond), sizes, finishes, and a wide range of styles such as privacy, ornamental, post and rail, split rail, and dog ear.
- Environmentally Friendly: The strength and durability of vinyl means that it never requires stain, paint or other chemical additives. Vinyl does not require the use of timber resources and because it lasts so long with virtually no maintenance, uses fewer resources in general.
- Value: Although vinyl fencing is typically more expensive than wood and other traditional fencing materials, when you consider the long-term costs of maintaining and replacing them, vinyl fence costs are comparatively low.
Vinyl Fencing Average Costs
The thickness, size, finish and design of vinyl fencing all affect price, as does the complexity of the installation, local labor and material costs, and other factors.
- Vinyl fencing costs $10 per linear foot (budget) to $25 per linear foot (high end). Other required materials include posts ($20 to $30 apiece), post caps ($7 to $14 apiece), and a gate ($200 to $1,200 or more).
- Labor costs for vinyl fence installation are $5 to $8 per linear foot.
- The total vinyl fencing cost should be $15 to $35 per linear foot but could be as much as $30 to $60 per linear foot or more for expensive materials and/or a difficult installation.