Find Local Metal Fence Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Fencing Articles
Aluminum and Steel Fence Prices
Metal fencing is strong, durable, and available in many different styles. Whether your need a fence for privacy, security, decoration, or some combination of these factors, there's a metal fence to suit your budget. Metal fences can also be crafted into custom decorative designs that imbue a property with classic beauty. Continue reading to learn more about the different types of metal fencing, their applications, and how much they cost to install.
Types of Metal Fences
The three major types of metal fencing are wrought iron, aluminum, and chain link. The advantages of each are described below.
- Wrought Iron: Wrought iron fencing is a bit of a misnomer because nowadays, it's usually neither wrought nor made of iron but instead forged out of steel. Nevertheless, "wrought iron" is still the first choice of homeowners who want strong, classically beautiful ornamental metal fencing. Modern versions typically contain a corrosive-resistant galvanized coating, although some people prefer untreated wrought iron for a natural aged look.
- Aluminum: Aluminum fencing costs less than wrought iron/steel fencing and unlike these materials is naturally rustproof. Aluminum fences are also lighter, more versatile, and available in a wider range of colors. They can be made to resemble wrought iron but are generally better suited as decorative metal fencing encircling a home, pool, or garden.
- Chain Link: Chain link fences have nowhere near the aesthetic appeal of wrought iron or aluminum fences, but they make up for this by being very affordable, functional, and easy to install. If your primary need is a low-cost security fence, chain link is the way to go.
Benefits of Metal Fences
For many homeowners, the image of a white picket fence is synonymous with fencing in America. And while wood fencing indeed has merits, metal fencing is worthy of serious consideration for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Strength: The near-indestructibility of metal fencing makes it a top choice for security.
- Low Maintenance: The strength of metal fences means it almost never needs repairs. Metal also isn't prone to insect infestations.
- Versatility: The different types of metal fencing, in addition to the wide variety of available designs, sizes, colors, and patterns, means it can be used in virtually any fencing project. In addition to providing privacy and security around a home you can use a metal fence to decoratively close off a garden or pond, create a safe area for your pet, and much more.
Metal Fencing Average Costs
The height, style, and design of a fence all affect its total cost, as do local labor and material costs, the complexity of the installation, and other factors. For the most accurate metal fencing price, fill out the form provided to receive quotes from prescreened fence contractors in your area.
- Wrought iron metal fencing prices start at around $30 to $50 per linear foot installed but could be as much as $100 to $300 per linear foot.
- The average aluminum metal fence cost is $15 to $40 per linear foot installed but prices could be as much as $100 per linear foot or more.
- A chain link fence costs around $10 to $20 per linear foot installed.
- Metal fence gates cost as little as $30 to $100 for a chain link fence and as much as $200 to $2,000 or more for a wrought iron or aluminum fence gate.