Find Local Appliance Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Appliance Articles
Dishwasher Installation Prices
A new dishwasher can vary greatly in price. A new dishwasher will cost anywhere from $220 to $1,700. This is the cost for the unit alone, not installation. A $220 dishwasher will get you a small, 24" dishwasher like this unit from Hotpoint. A $1,700 dishwasher will afford you a 24", stainless steel, double drawer unit like this KitchenAid. Be sure to read and compare dishwasher reviews as paying the most won't always get you the best product. Most people spend around $1,000 on a new dishwasher and are happy with the quality that affords.
How much does dishwasher repair cost?
A dishwasher can last many years but if you're faced with a repair you may want to consider buying a new dishwasher. A general rule of thumb with appliances is that if that the cost of the repair is 50% or less of the cost of a new appliance, it is worth having the work done. Naturally, age of the appliance vs. the average life of the appliance is big, too.
- Dishwasher Doesn't Drain
- Dishwasher Doesn't Fill
- Dishwasher Leaks Water
- Dishwasher Makes Noise
- Dishwasher Doesn't Run
- Dishwasher Doesn't Stop Filling
- Dishwasher Doesn't Wash Well
- Dishwasher Leaves Spots or Film
How much will it cost to hire a professional to install a new dishwasher?
It will cost $75 to $275 to pay a plumber to install a new dishwasher. If you buy a very inexpensive dishwasher it can cost almost as much for the installation as it will for the unit itself! It's wise to purchase something you think will last because of the cost to hire a dishwasher installer.
How much does it cost to hire a dishwasher repairman?
It will cost $65 to $85 per hour to hire a dishwasher repairman. Most jobs take one to three hours to complete. If the dishwasher is old you may want to replace it. Either way, you will need to higher an appliance contractor to do the job.
Shopping for a dishwasher:
- Consumer Reports offers a comprehensive guide to buying a new dishwasher.
- Consumer Reports also gives dishwasher ratings, recommendations and dishwasher reviews. In addition, if you've decided on a brand you can shop online through the site.
- Make sure you measure your current dishwasher so you have an idea of the unit size your kitchen can accommodate. Buying one that is much smaller or much bigger could require considerable work, and therefore money, to make it fit.