How Much Does Massage Therapy School Cost?
Massage Therapy Training Prices
Looking for a career in which you are helping people in a meaningful way? Do you picture having a daily occupation that involves a high degree of personal contact and care? Massage therapy schools offer the training and positive values that lead many into a personally and professionally rewarding career.
Massage Therapy is an art of healing that is increasingly being recognized as a well-respected form of healthcare. The benefits you can offer as a massage therapist range from relaxation, stress reduction, and health promotion to pain management and injury recovery. It promotes quality of life and overall well-being. Massage therapy school can prepare you to work in a variety of settings including:
- Private offices
- Massage therapy clinics
- Chiropractorsí/Doctorsí offices
- Holistic health centers
- Health clubs
- Fitness centers
- Nursing homes/Hospitals
- Athletic teams/sports medicine facilities
Massage Therapy School
- Licensing Requirements- Schools of Massage Therapy often have differing standards and regulations. Licensing requirements vary from state to state. Hence, the duration and requirements to complete specific massage programs varies as well. Presently, 33 states and the District of Columbia regulate massage therapy. Make sure you become familiar with what the regulatory requirements within the state(s) you plan on practicing. You may want to train for and pass the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork after you graduate.
- Accreditation- It is recommended that you choose a school for massage therapy that is accredited by a national agency. For example, COMTA (Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation) currently considers approximately 70 training programs and institutions to meet the requirements necessary to receive accreditation. Accreditation is critical in order to receive federal student aid.
Massage Therapy School Prices
- Short programs are available in states that do not have licensing requirements. Programs such as these may offer up to 100 hours of training for under $1,000.
- States that have licensing regulations often require a minimum of 500 hours of training (in some cases, more). Average tuition ranges from $5,000 to $13,000.
- The cost of a massage table is included in program cost at some massage schools. In the event that it is not included in the program you choose, the average cost is around $500.
Find Massage Therapy School Information
Get free Admissions Information from massage therapy schools. You will be contacted by admissions with information on massage therapy tuition costs, curriculum, etc. Itís the fast, smart, and easy way to explore a career in massage therapy! Start now!