How Much Does Baking School Cost?
Bakery School Prices
Most people have a sweet tooth in some degree, and who doesn't have someone in their family who shows love with delicious baked goodies? Maybe that someone is you. Whether you already have a knack for making desserts and pastries, or would like to direct your education and career in this field, baking school is a great choice.
- Also referred to as pastry school- commonly a division within a larger culinary arts institute.
- Learn the art of baking breads, rolls, cakes and other pastries, in addition to the opportunity to learn cake decoration and molding techniques.
- Basic core curriculum is the same as other culinary arts programs. Courses focus on ingredient properties, food science and nutrition, and management and business.
- The American Culinary Federation (ACF) is the largest professional chefs' organization in North America. Its seal of approval is highly respected in the culinary industry. Its accreditation approval provides a professional indication as to whether or not a school's baking program meets the required regulatory standards. This is something that should be considered while searching for a credible baking program. Find out more at: http://www.americanculinaryfederation.com/
How much does Baking School Cost?
The total cost of attending baking school will vary depending on what type of school you attend and what type of certificate or degree you pursue (i.e. certificate vs. associates vs. bachelors). When you are determining education cost don't forget to also account for the additional “hidden” costs of attending: fees, room and board, class materials/uniforms, books, and travel expenses. Below are the average costs you can expect to find at the various institutions that offer baking programs (which often are found within Culinary Institutes).
- Some schools offer specific individual courses that range from $125-$200 and multiple-day courses that range from $525 to $2,500
- Community college: $2,000 to $7,000
- Culinary institute: $9,000 to $38,000
- Public university: $5,000 to $20,000
- Private university: $15,000 to $45,000
Get Free Culinary Admissions Information Now
Get Free Admissions Information from top culinary programs! Find out more on specific programs, their costs, and curriculum. It's the fast, smart, easy way to explore a career in the culinary arts. Start now!