Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
What you should know about web based POS system
Web-based POS systems are software as a service (SaaS) solutions used by retailers to help manage their businesses as regards payroll, inventory, marketing, delivery, and more. These systems are designed for maximum efficiency and speed, particularly during the checkout process. In addition, POS systems alleviate some of the administrative burdens facing retailers, and connect directly with a cloud server to save you time and money.
Pros of Web-Based POS Systems
Web-based POS offers a variety of advantages, starting with cost. Compared to traditional systems, cloud hosting costs less to install and operate. SaaS solutions come with fewer hardware burdens, lowering your up-front costs as well.
These systems are designed to work with any type of retail business, with all the same functionality of a traditional POS system. They come with a variety of extra features and capabilities, including reporting functions, portals that allow you to combine brick and mortar with e-commerce, and social media integration.
Points to Consider before Choosing a Web-Based POS System
- Simplicity: A simple, straightforward system is easy to use and operate, with intuitive controls and user interface.
- Extra functionality: In addition to the standard capabilities such as inventory management, look for a system that includes features such as pricing controls and variations, CRM, merchandise planning, and transportation and warehouse management.
- Integration: The ability to integrate with your CRM, loyalty programs, and social media networks offers incredible benefits. You can design highly targeted marketing campaigns, improve remote customer interactions, and so much more when your system synchronizes and communicates with other software products, such as Microsoft Access and Outlook.
- Cloud system storage: Typically, a web-based system uses cloud storage, but check your storage capabilities as well as whether you can choose a scalable plan for when it's time to grow your business.
Sample Prices of Web-Based POS Systems
Web-based POS system providers charge on a per monthly basis, with costs varying widely depending on the type of service you choose, the number of users you have, your provider, and whether you have multiple locations. Other factors influencing price include:
- Your package, as each package carries a different price
- How much storage your package includes, with larger storage capacities costing more
- You also pay more for a higher speed POS system than one with a slower operating speed
- Extra features have tremendous impact on cost, with more sophisticated systems with multiple capabilities costing much more than the standard versions.
Without knowing your exact needs and requirements, an accurate cost estimate is impossible. However, the following rough estimates help give you an idea of the costs you should expect, and whether the proposals you receive are in line with industry standards.
- Single user systems carry the lowest price, averaging around $15 to $20 per month, with free options available if you want a system with no extra capabilities
- Access for up to three users averages $20 to $30 per month
- For five to nine users, expect to pay between $30 and $40 per month
- A POS system with unlimited access averages between $80 and $100 per month
- Some POS services require a licensing fee that runs between $800 and $1,000, particularly if you require branding
- If you have more than one register, expect to pay between $0.10 and $0.20 per transaction for each additional register