Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
Restaurant Point of Sale System Prices
You would never undersell the importance of managing the revenue of your restaurant. So why would you continue to use an outdated cash management system? A more advanced Point of Sale (POS) system could provide greater efficiency, lower costs, improved customer service, and a better working environment for your employees. They’re commonplace in most of the good restaurants today.
Restaurant POS systems do much more than ring up goods and print receipts. Many of them track inventory, generate purchase orders, verify credit cards, and keep personnel records. Of course, you may not be looking for a POS system that can do all of that. You may just want something simple that allows you to remain confidently in control of the money passing in and out of your restaurant.
POS systems for restaurants can be outfitted with numerous functions and features. What you need depends on what type of place you have; perhaps you run a bar, night club, fast food restaurant, café, full service restaurant, or fine dining establishment. Each type of establishment has its own restrictions and needs.
Among the most common system components are:
- POS computer
- Restaurant POS software
- Cash Drawer
- Touch Screen Monitor
- Customer Display Screen
No matter what POS system is right for your business; you can count on it to keep things running smoothly. The benefits of a restaurant POS system include:
- Improved Time Management: Help coordinate business activities between workers in different parts of the restaurant, such as the kitchen, bar, and wait staff. For example, when an order is punched into the computer the appropriate sales slip is printed out for the bartender, appetizer preparer, and cook, so no time is wasted running between stations. Because handwritten notes are eliminated, you won’t get tripped up on penmanship.
- Real Time Tracking: Keep tabs on food usage, what menu items are hot (and not), payroll, bookkeeping, sales reports, stock, inventory, profits and losses, sales tax, and many other types of data.
Restaurant POS System Prices
Owing to the numerous features available on POS restaurant systems, costs can vary considerably. The prices below, however, should give you a reasonable idea of how much a POS system for your restaurant will run. To get an accurate estimate, please fill out our request for quote form and we will connect you with leading POS system companies in your area.
- Simple POS software costs as little as $200-$1,000, while complete restaurant POS systems can cost anywhere from $1,000 to upwards of $20,000.
- If you’re already got some hardware, you can invest in new restaurant POS software. For around $400 per station you can get Aldelo Lite POS software, which is ideal for fast food, take out, and other small operations. Ring up and track orders, settle customers, and even manage delivery drivers with this software.
- Microsale Complete restaurant POS software costs around $750-$1000. This feature-rich setup can handle an array of operations, including employee time clock, seating reservations, credit card processing, inventory management, menu programming, wireless device support, and much more.
- You can purchase a refurbished single station complete POS system for approximately $1,000. Included with this setup is a 15” LCD monitor, refurbished CPU, cash drawer, printer, customer display pole, barcode scanner, and software.
- A POS system bundle with a Lenovo computer, 15” LCD touchscreen, Epson thermal receipt printer, and software costs around $2,000.
- A 2 terminal POS system costs approximately $4,000. Such a package might include 2 touch screens, cash drawer, 2 receipt printers, kitchen printer, credit card software, and software license.
- A 4 station restaurant POS system costs roughly $8,000. A typical package at this price might come with 4 workstation computers, 4 (four) 15” LCD touchscreens, cash drawer, 4 receipt printers, wireless router, remote support, cables, and software.
- For approximately $12,000 you can purchase a SoftTouch POS system with features such as dining room and bar operation, take out, delivery, and complete suite of office tools. In addition to 4 SoftTouch POS software licenses, a system at this price might include 4 15” LCD touchscreens with integrated card reader, cash drawer, 4 receipt printers, wireless router, remote support and training, and more.