Find Local Ergonomic Chair Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Office Furniture Articles
Get Free Ergonomic Chair Price Quotes
Ergonomic Office Chair Prices
Most of us spend the majority of the work day glued to our computer desks. Ergonomic office chairs are designed to prevent all of that sitting from leading to long-term health problems such as back and neck pain.
However, just being labeled "ergonomic" doesn't mean much. Because ergonomic is such a buzz word, more and more manufacturers are labeling their chairs that way. You'll have to do some research to find out which chairs offer the greatest health benefits for the price.
About Ergonomic Office Chairs
Ergonomic office chairs should:
- Support the natural curve of your back and preventing slumping or hunching over.
- Allow your feet to be placed comfortably on the floor. Dangling feet are a potential health hazard, leading to poor circulation and pain.
- Allow you to easily reach the keyboard without stretching or straining your wrists, shoulders or neck.
- Place you in a position that is eye-level to your computer screen to avoid eye strain and neck injury.
Keep in mind, however, that an ergonomic chair is useless unless it can be adjusted to the specific height and body type of the person using it. The best ergonomic chairs allow the user to adjust not only the seat height, but also the backrest and armrests.
Ergonomic Chair Average Costs
Quality ergonomic chairs begin at about $200 and can run upwards of $2,000. You can find a sturdy, well-designed ergonomic chair in the $200 to $400 price range, but don't plan on spending much less. The $30 to $100 "ergonomic" chairs sold at office and discount stores don't provide the same health benefits as more expensive models.
- The Raynor Eurotech fabric office chair sells for $200 to $300.
- The Realspace PRO Quantum mesh-back chair sells for $300 to $400.
The kind of high-end ergonomic chairs that win design awards usually retail for $500 to $1,200.
- The Kinnarps Plus, considered one of the best ergonomic chairs on the market, begins at around $800.
- The Herman Miller Mirra, widely considered the best ergonomic chair, runs $800 to $1,100.
In some cases, ergonomic office chairs can cost as much as $2,000 or more. These are typically high-end, executive chairs made of all leather. The leather fabric is the primary reason for the significantly higher price tag.