Find Local Conference Room Chair Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Office Furniture Articles
Get Free Conference Room Chair Price Quotes
Conference Room Chair Prices
A conference room is one of the few places in your office where a polished, professional look is a must. Aside from the reception area, it's the only room that most of your clients, guests, and employee candidates will see. And we all know that first impressions speak volumes!
Conference room chairs are available in a variety of styles, sizes, fabrics and colors. Choosing a model can be overwhelming due to all the options. Aside from budget, you'll also want to consider the look and feel of the room and how often the room is used in making your selection.
About Conference Room Chairs
There are two basic types of conference room chairs:
- Executive chairs are the plush, comfortable chairs that are placed around the table. They typically have a rolling wheel base.
- Guest chairs are used to line the back of the room, where an audience who is watching the meeting might sit. They are typically stationary chairs with a simpler design.
Executive chairs are available in mid-back or high-back varieties. While high-back chairs are stately in appearance, keep in mind that they can overwhelm a small conference room.
The most popular materials for executive chairs are fabric, mesh and leather. Fabric chairs have the lowest price tag, while leather chairs are the most expensive. Many manufacturers also offer vinyl chairs that are designed to look like leather for about half the price.
Conference Room Chairs Average Costs
Guest chairs range in price from about $50 to $300:
- Stackable guest chairs with a basic upright design, cloth seats and a metal base start at about $50.
- Mesh-back guest chairs with a metal frame run $100 to $150.
- Round-back guest chairs with fabric seats and a wooden frame usually cost $200 to $300.
Executive chairs start at around $200 and can run upwards of $2,000, depending on the type of chair you select and the fabric.
- The Allseating Inertia mesh-back conference chair sells for $300 to $550.
- The Mayline leather conference chair with a high back and a lifetime guarantee usually sells for $500 to $800. If you're willing to spend $1,000 or more, you'll be able to buy a top-of-the-line conference room chair. These chairs typically have features like solid wood frames and genuine leather seats. The top-rated ergonomic chairs also tend to fall in this price range.
Keep in mind that some suppliers require a minimum order - you can't necessarily order just one chair. Most suppliers also offer volume discounts for large orders.
Choosing Conference Room Chairs
You want to choose conference room chairs that are comfortable. But, proper ergonomic design is not as important in the conference room. Most people are only sitting in the chairs for a short period of time. It's far more important that your office desk chairs follow the rules of ergonomics.
The other disadvantage to choosing ergonomic chairs for your conference room is the distraction they can create. Ergonomic chairs have adjustable seat heights, backrests and armrests. However, if your guests are constantly adjusting their seats, they're probably not paying close attention to the meeting.