Find Local LCD Projector Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All LCD Projector Articles
Get Free LCD Projector Price Quotes
Compare Sharp LCD Projector Prices
Look around your home. Chances are, you'll find the Sharp name on some of your home electronics. It might be a microwave, TV or DVD player - or even all three.
Sharp also makes quality products designed for professional and business applications. The company's LCD projectors are widely used for corporate presentations, seminars and lectures. They're also popular in schools, churches, and government institutions.
About Sharp LCD Projectors
Sharp makes three basic categories of LCD projectors:
- Lightweight and portable projectors
- Conference room and classroom projectors
- Large venue projectors
Not surprisingly, portable projectors are the least expensive. They're ideal for anyone who travels to make presentations. Large venue projectors feature the highest resolutions and can be fully integrated into your existing computer network. They also come with the highest price tag.
Before we get into a more detailed discussion about prices, it's helpful to understand some of the qualities and features that make some projectors more expensive than others.
- Sharp LCD projectors are sold in three resolutions. They are, from highest to lowest: SVGA, WXGA and XGA. The higher the resolution, the more expensive the projector will be.
- LCD brightness is measured in lumens. Sharp projectors range from 2,000 to more than 5,000 lumens. The higher the number of lumens, the brighter the picture.
- Contrast ratio is another important factor to consider. Anything above 400:1 is considered acceptable.
Sharp LCD Projector Average Costs
Sharp LCD projectors range in price from about $500 to tens of thousands of dollars. Portable units begin on the low end of that price range and the units for large venues reach the high end of that range. Most classroom and conference room-style projectors cost $2,000 to $8,000.
- The Sharp Notevision portable projector with 2,600 lumens usually costs $800 to $1,200. It is usually sold with accessories like a storage bag and AC adapter.
- The Sharp XG-0435X, ideal for classrooms and conference rooms, runs $2,000 to $3,000. It has 4,000 lumens and XGA resolution.
- The Sharp XG-VIOXU for large venues features 4,000 lumens and sells for $8,000 to $12,000. It comes with control software that allows for remote access and can be fully integrated into your computer system.
Aside from the projector, you may also need accessories like a video screen, cables to connect the projector to your computer and projector mounts. However, you can usually negotiate a complete package that includes these accessories.
Every so often (usually after a couple thousand hours of use) you'll need to replace the LCD projector lamps. They cost a few hundred dollars each.
If you're purchasing an LCD projector for a large venue, don't forget to budget several thousand dollars for professional installation. Most dealers provide installation services. But, make sure that cost is included in the total price that you are quoted.