Find Local Copier Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Copier, Printer & Fax Articles
Get Free Digital Copier Price Quotes
Office Color Copier Prices
Many business owners still believe that it is too expensive to buy a large, color copier and most make do with a black and white copier. Instead of buying, a fulfillment center (Kinkos) or a small desktop color copier is used for color copying. With changing technology color copiers have become less expensive. In some cases, they can be the same price as a black and white copier! While the ink and toner may be more expensive, with the proper settings, you can get your color copying price down to $.06 per page. You'll pay as much as $.90 per copy at your local copy service store. Even your small desktop color copier will cost you up to $.75 per copy. If your business needs consistent color copies then purchasing an office color copier will save money in the long run.
Tips for Buying a Color Copier
- Decide if you need a color-only or a hybrid copier. If you need very precise color and do a lot of color copying then color-only might be for you. If you only make color copies once in a while then choose a hybrid machine. This allows you to set black and white as default setting and print color only when needed.
- Consider leasing. Leasing can save money for a business and works well if your business does not have the extra funds to put down on this large purchase. Read our article on copier leasing prices.
- Know your copy volume. This will be one of the more important factors to consider when choosing what color copier to buy. Copier volume is measured in copies per minute (CPM). If your copier isn't fast enough your employees will be standing around waiting. Don't purchase one that is overkill either, as cpm will directly affect the cost of your color copier.
Average Color Copier Prices
We have provided some estimates for color copier machines below. To get an accurate estimate fill out our fast form below to get connected to copier dealers. They will help you figure out what type of copier will fit your business and give you free price quotes.
- The Canon ImageRunner C5068 Color Copier has a 68 ppm speed for black and white and 16 ppm for color. This copier costs around $13,000 new.
- The Canon ImageRunner C4080i Color Copier Bundle 3 does 40 B&W copies per minute; 36 Color copies per minute and costs $18,000 new.
- The Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 Color Copier is an All-in-one: print, copy, scan and fax. It also has fast speeds of 45 ppm B&W and 40 ppm color. It can be purchased new for around $13,500. It leases for $439/month.
- Sharp MX-5500N Color Laser Copier is designed for high speed workgroups. It does up to 55 ppm (mono) / up to 41 ppm (color). It can be purchased used for about $6,500.